Five Ways To Avoid The Breakup Blues Without Ben And Jerry’s
How can you move through a breakup without reaching for the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream?
So often we use food to eat our sadness or alcohol to sedate our grief. Yet these are merely bandages covering a wound that is still there.
When you experience a relationship breakup you can get triggered into self-doubt and low self-esteem.
Yet, when you have healthy self-love, it is steadfast. Even through a breakup, you feel empowered and happy no matter what the event or circumstance, trusting that you will prosper and thrive no matter what.
The relationship with yourself will always be with you, even when external relationships end. That is why self-love is the biggest gift.
Even if a person disappears like the wind, always remember:
You Are Enough.
Here Are My Five Ways To Increase Healthy Self-Love Post Breakup:
1) Feel To Heal: You have to feel to heal and acceptance opens the door for forgiveness so you can move forward. Instead of resisting your sadness, allow yourself to feel it, let yourself cry if need be, or write down your thoughts for your eyes only, so you can release your anger (a mask for sadness) and your grief. Releasing what no longer serves you, unearths what does, this makes room for golden opportunities. Trust that new, great beginnings are coming your way!
2) Make A Date With You: Make time for you a priority! If you have to, schedule it. Even just 5 hours a week of “free time” where you have no plans but to be with you and do whatever your heart moves you to do—“Inspired Actions”—letting the day unfold naturally without any ‘plans’ is very freeing and lets you follow your bliss. Your actions are then from your heart and not ‘dictated’ as ‘shoulds’ from your mind. This gets you in touch with yourself and increases feelings of self-worth.
This is a “Date” with you—with the intention that you follow your bliss to do whatever you are moved to do—even if it’s just to stare out a window and be silent. Do it! Silence purifies your mind and lets you get reacquainted with your own energy and self-love.
3) Dream: Invest in you—take some time to ask yourself “Am I Feeding My Dreams?” Investing in yourself by nurturing your dreams grows your feelings of self-worth and confidence.
Write down, type, or record on your mobile phone a stream of consciousness of ideas for clarity into what it would take for you to do what you love— while breathing deeply from your abdomen—this helps free ideas which pour forth as “answers” to this question.
4) Powerful Touch: After a relationship breakup, one of the hardest transitions is not getting touched, whether you received hugs, kisses, or more. Be kind to yourself and schedule regular massages from a nearby spa so you can feel pampered through nurturing touch.
5) Dance: I call my body a “Temple” and I regard it as such with enormous gratitude, appreciation, respect, and honor. Dancing lets you feel the natural rhythm of the life energy and raises your energetic vibration rate. Move your body (your “Temple”) to your favorite music in your home (you don’t need to wait to go to a party or club) and it is private so you can feel free and uninhibited.
Dancing feels fun—makes you smile and laugh—increasing your gratitude for being alive, and appreciation naturally sparks feelings of self-esteem.
Copyright © 2016 by Zoe Summer who is known as “The Feel Great Expert.” Zoe Summer is the Artist and Author of the New Book "YOU ARE ENOUGH" a fun, easy, fresh and adventurous way to experience the joyous truth that you are enough, simultaneously actualize your unconditional self-love, and reach great personal and professional heights. To listen to Zoe Summer’s radio spotlight, click here: HayHouseRadio.com. To read and subscribe to her “Heart Connection Blog” posts, visit her online: http://www.ZoeSummer.com.